Black screen after you Press CTRL+ALT+DELETE for unresponsive programs
I try to open application like note pad or Firefox and they wont open so I did CTLR+ALT+DELETE and a black screen with this message the logon process was unable to display security and logon options when CTRL+ALT+DELETE was pressed.If the Operating
System does not respond press ESC or restart the computer by the power switch In windows 7.
after I restart the PC it works fine.If you have something open when this happens you can still use that App.but you can not open any other ones.
This happens on both my pc and my wifes.I am runnning Windows 7 Ultimate Siganture series and on my wifes PC it is the RC version
Both machine are different in every way.this my wifes specs
Amd Athon XP 2800 1 gig DDR Geforce video
Mine is P4 Hyperthreading 2.8 GHZ 2 gigs ram and ATI RAdeon Graphics
Anwsers to the Problem Black screen after you Press CTRL+ALT+DELETE for unresponsive programs
Welcome to Microsoft Answers Forum.
I suggest that you boot the computer in safe and check if you are able to access all files without any issues, safe mode starts Windows with a limited set of files and drivers.
Startup programs do not run in safe mode, and
only the basic drivers needed to start Windows are installed, follow the steps to boot the computer in safe mode:
1. Restart your computer if it is powered on.
2. Tap the F8 key after your computer initially powers on.
3. Once you see the Advanced Boot Options menu you can stop tapping.
4. Use the up/down arrow keys to highlight your selection.
5. Select Safe Mode and press Enter.
6. You should see drivers loading, and then please wait.
7. You should then be at the Welcome Screen.
8. Logon to your computer using an account with Administrator privileges.
Reference link to start the computer in Safe mode:
if everything works fine in safe mode then some third party services are causing the problems, so to know which service is causing the problem we need to perform clean boot.
Click Start, type msconfig in the Start Search box, and then press ENTER.
If you are prompted for an administrator password or for a confirmation, type the password, or click Continue.
On the General tab, click Selective Startup.
Under Selective Startup, click to clear the Load Startup Items check box.
Click the Services tab, click to select the Hide All Microsoft Services check box, and then click Disable All.
When you are prompted, click Restart.
After the computer starts, check if the issue is fixed.
If your issue is resolved after performing Clean Boot, then follow the steps mentioned in the following KB article to narrow down the exact source:
Hope this helps.
Let us know the results.
Thanks & Regards,
Vijay B– Microsoft Support
Microsoft Answers Feedback Forum and let us know what you think
Note: It is recommended that you back up your files and folders before attempting this step:
- Move the mouse cursor over to the upper right side of the screen.
- A menu will pop up on the left. Click on the "Settings" feature on the menu.
- On the Settings window, click on the "Change PC settings."
- Now, left click on the "Update and recovery" feature.
- For the next step, left click on the "Recovery" feature.
- There is an option here saying "Refresh your PC without affecting your files." There, left click on the "Get started" button.
- Now, follow the instructions on the screen to finish the Refresh process.
- After the Refresh process has finished restart your Windows 8.1 or Windows 8 device.
- Check again to see if the error Black screen after you Press CTRL+ALT+DELETE for unresponsive programs has been fixed.
If you do not possess the technical expertise required to accomplish this yourself or do not feel comfortable doing so, download and install a powerful automated tool to get the job done.
Another Safe way to Fix the Problem: Black screen after you Press CTRL+ALT+DELETE for unresponsive programs:
How to Fix Black screen after you Press CTRL+ALT+DELETE for unresponsive programs with SmartPCFixer?
1. You can Download Error Fixer here. Install it on your computer. When you open it, it will perform a scan.
2. After the scan is done, you can see the errors and problems need to be fixed. Click Fix All.
3. The Repair part is done, the speed of your computer will be much higher than before and the errors have been removed. You can also use other functions in SmartPCFixer. Like dll downloading, windows updating and print spooler error repair.
Related: Autologon and AutoLogonCount Parameters for Windows Unattended Setup Error Fixer,How To Resolve Cyberbit Unicode Font Does Not Return Correct Charset Problem,How To Use the Office Profile Wizard to Create an OPS File in Office XP Error Fixer,Error Sys Msg 22 Invalid period, please reenter. in MC in 4.x Solution,Why am I Getting a Upgrades from 3.01 to 3.60 or 3.01 to 3.70 Involving Serial Numbers and Revaluations Are Overstating the Valuation Entries on the Purchases Error?,How Can I Fix - Error 16389?,How to Fix - Internetopen?,Mcafee Virus Scan Online,How Can I Fix - Qos Packet Scheduler Failed?,Solution to Problem: Windows 2000 Boot Repair,How to Fix ashoutxt.dll Not Found Error,Best Method to Fix cxcore096.dll Error,Where can I Find dsauth.dll File,msde.dll Corrupted - How to Resolve,psizewizres.dll Corrupted - How to Fix,How to Download ASUS XGI Compatible Super VGA Driver Package Version R1.13.00/Driver Version 220.127.116.110 for Windows XP 32/64 bit(WHQL),Windows Server 2003 32/64 bit(WHQL),Windows Vista 32/64 bit(WHQL),Windows Server 2008 32/64 bit(WHQL),Windows 7 32/64 bit(WHQL),Window,Download NeoMagic® MagicMedia 256AVP Display Adapter Driver,Download NVIDIA RIVA TNT2 Model 64,How to Update Realtek ALC850 AC'97 Driver V18.104.22.16800 WHQL for Windows 2000/XP/2003 & 64bit XP/2003.,How to Update Realtek LAN V6.203.0214.2008,Microsoft.PowerShell.GraphicalHost.dll Error Code Fixer
,Fix Error Code Netapi32 (4).dll
,Qa_auth_client.dll Error Code Fixer
,Fix Error Code Tdc (3).ocx
,Vwipxspx.dll Error Code Fixer
,Way to Download Toshiba Qosmio X505-Q832 Intel Wireless LAN Driver v.22.214.171.124.0.s64_wCAT,Download Toshiba Satellite C650D-ST6N02 Assist Utility v.126.96.36.199 driver,How Can You Update & Download Toshiba Satellite L645-S4026RD Value Added Package v.1.6.0130.640202 driver,Method to Download Toshiba Satellite L755-S9511D Assist Utility v.188.8.131.52 driver,Method to Download Toshiba Satellite P875-S7200 Fingerprint Utility v.2.0.0001.000408 driver,Best Way to Download NVidia GeForce 6100 VGA Driver v.304.51 Certified,How Can You Update & Download NVidia GeForce 9300/nForce 730i VGA Driver v.310.19 Certified,Method to Download NVidia GeForce GT 330M Driver v.340.65,How Can I Update & Download NVidia GeForce GTX 590 Driver v.280.26 WHQL,Method to Download NVidia Tesla C2050 Driver v.319.17
Read More: [Anwsered] BEX Error (Explorer.exe, Event ID: 1000),[Solution] Black horizontal lines flashing over the screen.,Black screen on windows boot \/ can't boot from installation DVD,BEX error from process explorer,How to Resolve - Belkin Fds7051 wireless USB adapter not working In windows 8.1?