After sleep or hibernate, cannot re-enter my password (the keyboard acts dead).
Original title: Sign-on troubles
After sleep or hibernate I cannot re-enter my password (the keyboard acts dead).
I have to re-start from the power icon to oversome this.
Strangely although the password entry screen says "locked", my picture icon says "signed-on". I tried using the user
pin option, which was fine for a while, but reverted to the MS password option (can't remember why now after so much tiresome fiddling about.
If onlyi could get at the Windows 8.1 upgrade I am sure all would be well (two fingers behind me!)
Solutions to the Problem After sleep or hibernate, cannot re-enter my password (the keyboard acts dead).
Manually editing the Windows registry
Caution: Unless you an advanced PC user, please do not edit the Windows registry manually.
Because of this risk, we highly recommend using a trusted registry cleaner such as SmartPCFixer Using a registry cleaner automates the process of finding invalid registry entries, missing file references (like the one causing your MACHINE_CHECK_EXCEPTION error), and broken links within the registry. A backup is automatically created before each scan, with the ability to undo any changes in a single click, protecting you against the possibility of PC damage. The best part is that repairing registry errors can also dramatically improve system speed and performance.
- Click the Start button.
- Type "command" in the search box... DO NOT hit ENTER yet!
- While holding CTRL-Shift on your keyboard, hit ENTER.
- You will be prompted with a permission dialog box.
- Click Yes.
- A black box will open with a blinking cursor.
- Type "regedit" and hit ENTER.
- In the Registry Editor, select the Error 0x9C-related key (eg. Windows Operating System) you want to back up.
- From the File menu, choose Export.
- In the Save In list, select the folder where you want to save the Windows Operating System backup key.
- In the File Name box, type a name for your backup file, such as "Windows Operating System Backup".
- In the Export Range box, be sure that "Selected branch" is selected.
- Click Save.
- The file is then saved with a .reg file extension.
- You now have a backup of your MACHINE_CHECK_EXCEPTION-related registry entry.
The next steps in manually editing your registry will not be discussed in this article due to the high risk of damaging your system. If you would like to learn more about manual registry editing, please see the links below.
Recommended Method to Repair the Problem: After sleep or hibernate, cannot re-enter my password (the keyboard acts dead).:
How to Fix After sleep or hibernate, cannot re-enter my password (the keyboard acts dead). with SmartPCFixer?
1. Download Error Fixer. Install it on your computer.
2. After the scan is done, you can see the errors and problems which need to be fixed.
3. The Fixing part is done, the speed of your computer will be much higher than before and the errors have been removed.
Related: Fast Solution to Problem: Error http//go.microsoft/fwlink/?linkId=144689 occurs at every reboot,,Troubleshooting:I tried to download the latest version of Internet Explorer 9, but it will not update the download due to a message that states "Wrong version of Internet Explorer installer" Error,Fast Solution to Error: IE9 Search Taking Me to Web Pages Rather Than Search Results,Random freezing after updating to SP1 (Windows 7) Tech Support,[Anwsered] Thinkpad 8611 Boot,How to Resolve - Svchost Helper?,Fast Solution to Problem: L30 101 Driver Windows 7,Troubleshooter of Error: Io Device,How to Fix Error - Dell Laptop Code 39?,Able To Install Multiple Versions Of Office?,A couple of years ago I downloaded a homeccounting template I can't find now is there a place where I can look for other templates that are not lis ated?,add on information bar - Preventing me from being able to download anything,addin for excel doesn't exist in "C:\Program Files\Microsoft Office\Office12\1033",Adding degrees on Calculator