Monday, April 18, 2016

Troubleshoot:All applications produce 0xc0000022 error

All applications produce 0xc0000022 error

Greetings!

My Asus 64 bit Windows 7 machine has been rendered inoperable due to 0xc0000022 error.  I've been trolling the Internet and working on this issue for the past 2 weeks.  Here are the particulars:

Initial symptoms: machine hangs in "Shutting Down" i.e., it never closes.  I force a shut down and reboot.  Upon returning to Windows, all apps (everything: Firefox, Word, Excel, Picasa, Adobe Photoshop Elements, etc.) return the 0xc0000022 error.  I am able
to open each one individually when I select "open as administrator".  All virus software, including my Symantec virus software and MS virus software has somehow been disabled and is unable to be reopened.  All of my data files remain accessible.

I have run Malwarebytes: it found 2 instances of 1 virus.  It was removed, the system was rescanned and it reports no virus found.

System Restore doesn't work; it proceeds through the whole process until the very end when it says there were errors and no files were changed.

I have repeatedly run sfc /scannow.  It indicates it is unable to repair all of the damaged files that it finds.  The log it produces is 5,000+ kb; the hundreds of entries make it impossible for me to interpret and to identify "the one file" that is causing
the problem.

I have run chkdsk.  It ran all night; it found some bad sectors which it repaired.  No change in machine behavior.

Asus has a startup repair utility.  It has been run without success.  I have run an Asus image disc; however it wasn't generated until AFTER the problems started occurring.  I would guess the image is damaged as well.

My goal is to effect repairs without rewriting the entire hard drive on this barely 1-old desktop computer.  Anyone out there looking for a challenge? 

Thanks for your thoughts!

Solutions to the Problem All applications produce 0xc0000022 error

Download SmartPCFixer to Fix It (Free)

Yaqub:

Thanks for your clarification.

I had begun moving data files onto another drive in preparation for finding an installation disc and implementing the procedure you recommended.  However I attempted yet another Restore from an advanced start-up screen.  After a lengthy processing time once
again the computer indicated the process failed and no files were changed.  This time I elected to start-up from a saved image -- I didn't think one is available; I was going to use the start-up CD-R's I had created a couple days ago but the computer never
requested additional input from me.

Anyway, the computer started properly with full functionality restored to every application.  I ran a full system virus scan -- nothing found.  I initiated a restore-set point to save the computer as-is.  I can't explain what was different about this attempt;
I believe this was the first time I selected "start-up from saved image" option.

Thanks again for your time and suggestions.

Tweak IE Options
  • Open Internet Explorer.
  • Go to "Tools > Internet Options > Advanced Tab".
  • Uncheck "Enable third-party browser extensions".
  • Click "Apply".
  • Reboot your computer.

Another Safe way to Repair the Problem: All applications produce 0xc0000022 error:

How to Fix All applications produce 0xc0000022 error with SmartPCFixer?

1. Download SmartPCFixer. Install it on your computer.

2. After the scan is finished, you can see the errors and problems which need to be fixed.

3. When the Fixing part is done, your computer has been speeded up and the errors have been fixed


Related: Fast Solution to Problem: Error http//go.microsoft/fwlink/?linkId=144689 occurs at every reboot,,Troubleshooting:I tried to download the latest version of Internet Explorer 9, but it will not update the download due to a message that states "Wrong version of Internet Explorer installer" Error,Fast Solution to Error: IE9 Search Taking Me to Web Pages Rather Than Search Results,Random freezing after updating to SP1 (Windows 7) Tech Support,[Anwsered] Thinkpad 8611 Boot,How to Resolve - Svchost Helper?,Fast Solution to Problem: L30 101 Driver Windows 7,Troubleshooter of Error: Io Device,How to Fix Error - Dell Laptop Code 39?
Read More: Troubleshooting:After turning on computer or waking it up on start up getting an error message: Sign in: dialog box name error: Windows 7 SP1 Error,How to Fix - After Windows 7 Updates, having issues with programs and files opening with one click?,Solution to Problem: airtport module missing,Fast Solution to Problem: After using house phone I loose internet access. I have filters on all phones.,Troubleshoot:alert if date range is greater than 6 Error,Able To Install Multiple Versions Of Office?,A couple of years ago I downloaded a homeccounting template I can't find now is there a place where I can look for other templates that are not lis ated?,add on information bar - Preventing me from being able to download anything,addin for excel doesn't exist in "C:\Program Files\Microsoft Office\Office12\1033",Adding degrees on Calculator

No comments:

Post a Comment