Backup encountered a problem: Some files were skipped.
I have just finished putting all my music on my new laptop (Samsung series 7: 64-Bit Windows 7 system) and tried to do a backup.
At the end of the backup a message says:
Check your backup results: The backup completed but some files were skipped.
So i click on 'View skipped files', then a Notepad document opens saying this:
Backup encountered a problem while backing up file: C:\Windows\System\config\systemprofile\Podcasts.
Error: (The system cannot find the file specified.
I searched for the above address in the bar at the top of Windows Explorer but 'Windows can't find .
. Check the spelling and try again.
What should I do?
Solutions to the Problem Backup encountered a problem: Some files were skipped.
Windows Error Reporting - To Fix Backup encountered a problem: Some files were skipped.
- Go to Start button.
- Open Control Panel.
- Go to Windows Error Reporting.
- Click on System and Maintenance, then click Problem Reports and Solutions.
- Next, click Change Settings located on the left side panel of the Problem Reports and Solutions window.
- Select an option to configure how you want Windows to look for a solution to your problems. You may allow Windows to do it automatically or ask you every time to check if problem occurs.
- Next, click the Advanced settings link.
- Select Off to turn off Error Reporting.
Another Safe way to Repair the Problem: Backup encountered a problem: Some files were skipped.:
How to Fix Backup encountered a problem: Some files were skipped. with SmartPCFixer?
1. Click the button to download SmartPCFixer . Install it on your computer. Open it, and it will perform a scan for your computer. The errors will be shown in the list.
2. After the scan is done, you can see the errors and problems which need to be repaired.
3. When the Fixing part is done, your computer has been speeded up and the errors have been removed
Related: AMD Radeon HD 7800M Win8 not working [Anwsered],I can access the internet, get on facebook and get to hotmail, but I can't play games on facebook and I can't open or respond to my e-mails,I keep getting this Media Player error when I log on my computer. [Anwsered],[Anwsered] System Hanging on shutdown and restart,Unable to get the Vlookup property of the WorksheetFunction class,Solution to Error: Error: "0x81000032 make sure the C: drive is online and set to NTFS" when trying to backup to external hard drive.
,Troubleshoot:External Hard Drive not listed in Windows 7 backup wizard Error
,I'm always being signed off so annoying Tech Support
,Solution to Problem: Impossible to use Internet Explorer! I keep getting the same error message every time i try to use IE.
,Solution to Problem: Referencing data in another file
,Troubleshoot:Error: "0x81000032 make sure the C: drive is online and set to NTFS" when trying to backup to external hard drive. Error,External Hard Drive not listed in Windows 7 backup wizard Tech Support,Tech Support: I'm always being signed off so annoying,Solution to Problem: Impossible to use Internet Explorer! I keep getting the same error message every time i try to use IE.,Referencing data in Access using Excel [Anwsered],Need Best Way To Present Data [Anwsered],Same question but for windows 7 home edition,sometimes fullscreen won't activate [Solved],Solution to Error: We bought a new computer with windows 7 and it is constantly freezing. How do we fix this?,Solution to Error: Windows 8 update crash (2013-07-22)
Read More: How to Fix Error - Backup gets to 99% and give me the message\"The backup completed but some files were skipped\" and turns out to be a notepad?,[Solution] Atheros AR5007EG wireless network adapter not working!?,Troubleshoot:Back up disc for files. Stuck at 85% for 4 hours.,Backup utility backing up folders it shouldn't ??? [Anwsered],Troubleshooting:ati driver radeon 200 series for windows 7 utimate,application not found error,any problems in a team where one has Windows XP and the other has Windows 7?,Application/Object-Defined Error,An Excel formula question where hours are totalled and cumulating,Anyone know the hardware email?