Wednesday, July 6, 2016

Backup skips remote library files [Solved]

Backup skips remote library files

I just set up a second computer and added its music, pictures and videos folders to the library of my first computer.
Now, when Windows Backup and Restore (a.k.a.
Backup) runs of the first computer, it reports that some files were skipped.
If I click Options
I can see the reason why:
  Backup skipped backing up \\LIVINGROOMHTPC\Users\Public\Music as it is not on local machine.
  Backup skipped backing up \\LIVINGROOMHTPC\Users\Public\Pictures as it is not on local machine.
  Backup skipped backing up \\LIVINGROOMHTPC\Users\Public\Videos as it is not on local machine.
It's fine that the first computer doesn't backup these files because they get backed up when I backup the second computer.
However, I want to configure the first computer to skip these files by default but I can't figure out how.
When I go through the Backup
setup wizard and pick Let Me Choose the specific files to be backed up, there's a checkbox only for selecting each, entire library--I can't "open" each library object (Documents Library, Music Library, etc.) to specify which folders
within each library I want backed up.
Without this, Backup always has errors after it completes so I never get a "clean" backup.
Therefore, I have to go into Options and check the error messages after each backup to see if there are any "true" error
messages that I need to address.
Does anyone have any ideas about how to fix this?
Thanks,
Joey

Solutions to the Problem Backup skips remote library files

Download Error Fixer for Free Now

I would suggest you get away from the Windows backup program and get yourself a good commercial backup program.
This forum is frought with problem reports for the Windows one.
I know I was very unimpressed when I tried it.
Two I'm familiar with and like
are Norton Ghost (which I've been using for 7 years without the 1st problem), and Memeo which has a 30 day free trial and you can buy it for $29.99 - you can download it from
http://memeo.com .
You can get Ghost for next to nothing (like I did) if you watch the sales.
CNET has a lot of backup program reviews at
http://download.cnet.com/windows/backup-software/?tag=contentBody;sideBar
Some of these are free (last time I checked there were 315), some have free trials (over 1000), and some are purchase only (over 200).
Good luck

  1. Access the files on your computer via MY COMPUTER
  2. Under the C: drive, access the WINDOWS folder
  3. Select the SOFTWARE DISTRIBUTION folder, followed by the DOWNLOAD folder.
  4. Delete any files within this download folder.
  5. If you are unable to delete these files, open the command prompt (CMD) as the administrator, and type "net stop wuauserv" into the CMD prompt window. Press ENTER. This should allow you to delete the files from step 4.
  6. Once the files are deleted, open and run the CMD as the administrator and type "wuauclt.exe /updatenow". Press ENTER.

Recommended Method to Repair the Problem: Backup skips remote library files:

How to Fix Backup skips remote library files with SmartPCFixer?

1. Click the button to download Error Fixer . Install it on your computer.  Open it, and it will scan your computer. The junk files will be shown in the scan result.

2. After the scan is finished, you can see the errors and problems need to be fixed. Click Fix All.

3. The Fixing part is done, the speed of your computer will be much higher than before and the errors have been removed.


Related: AMD Radeon HD 7800M Win8 not working [Anwsered],I can access the internet, get on facebook and get to hotmail, but I can't play games on facebook and I can't open or respond to my e-mails,I keep getting this Media Player error when I log on my computer. [Anwsered],[Anwsered] System Hanging on shutdown and restart,Unable to get the Vlookup property of the WorksheetFunction class,Solution to Error: Error: "0x81000032 make sure the C: drive is online and set to NTFS" when trying to backup to external hard drive.
,Troubleshoot:External Hard Drive not listed in Windows 7 backup wizard Error
,I'm always being signed off so annoying Tech Support
,Solution to Problem: Impossible to use Internet Explorer! I keep getting the same error message every time i try to use IE.
,Solution to Problem: Referencing data in another file
,Troubleshoot:Error: "0x81000032 make sure the C: drive is online and set to NTFS" when trying to backup to external hard drive. Error,External Hard Drive not listed in Windows 7 backup wizard Tech Support,Tech Support: I'm always being signed off so annoying,Solution to Problem: Impossible to use Internet Explorer! I keep getting the same error message every time i try to use IE.,Referencing data in Access using Excel [Anwsered],Need Best Way To Present Data [Anwsered],Same question but for windows 7 home edition,sometimes fullscreen won't activate [Solved],Solution to Error: We bought a new computer with windows 7 and it is constantly freezing. How do we fix this?,Solution to Error: Windows 8 update crash (2013-07-22)
Read More: How Can I Fix - Auto-Row Height in Merged Cells?,[Solution] Automating responses to Excel message boxes within a macro,How to Fix - Autopopulate with out repeating rows?,Troubleshooter of Error: Attempting to install a Windows Update Service Pack__,[Solved] AVERAGEIFS function won’t work with cell references,application not found error,any problems in a team where one has Windows XP and the other has Windows 7?,Application/Object-Defined Error,An Excel formula question where hours are totalled and cumulating,Anyone know the hardware email?

No comments:

Post a Comment