Auto update failed for Excel 2003 (KB959995)
After the initial update indicated an important update had failed I tried again.
It too failed, and I got the error code 80070643.
That directed me to go to Services and check the Office Service Engine, and set it for automatic - delayed start, and start
However, I found that it was running OK, but did change the setting to automatic - delayed start and left it running.
I then rebooted the PC in case any of the other updates was conflicting with this one.
I then tried to install the update again from Windows Update, and again it failed with the same error code.
I again checked services and the OSE is running fine.
Running Vista Home Premium and Office 2003 w/SP3 on an AMD Athlon 64 3500 2.21 GHz and 4 GB ram
Solutions to the Problem Auto update failed for Excel 2003 (KB959995)
"MS09-009: Description of the security update for Excel 2003: April 14, 2009".
Visit the Microsoft Virus Solution and Security Center for resources and tools to keep your PC safe and healthy.
If you are having issues
with installing the update itself, visit Support for Microsoft Update for resources and tools to keep your PC updated with the latest updates.
Hope this helps,
Vincenzo Di Russo - Microsoft MVP Windows Internet Explorer, Windows Desktop Experience & Security - Since 2003.
~ My Blog: http://blogs.dotnethell.it/vincent/
To install drivers and other optional updates
- To install optional updates, you need to review and then select them from the list of updates that Windows finds for your computer. Optional updates are not installed automatically.
- Open Windows Update by clicking the Start button Picture of the Start button, clicking All Programs, and then clicking Windows Update.
- In the left pane, click Check for updates, and then wait while Windows looks for the latest updates for your computer.
- If any updates are found, click View available updates.
- Select the optional updates that you want, and then click Install. Administrator permission required If you are prompted for an administrator password or confirmation, type the password or provide confirmation.
Another Safe way to Repair the Problem: Auto update failed for Excel 2003 (KB959995):
How to Fix Auto update failed for Excel 2003 (KB959995) with SmartPCFixer?
1. Click the button to download Error Fixer . Install it on your computer. Open it, and it will perform a scan for your computer. The errors will be shown in the scan result.
2. After the scan is done, you can see the errors and problems need to be fixed. Click Fix All.
3. The Repair part is finished, the speed of your computer will be much higher than before and the errors have been removed. You can also use other functions in SmartPCFixer. Like dll downloading, junk file cleaning and print spooler error repair.
Related: AMD Radeon HD 7800M Win8 not working [Anwsered],I can access the internet, get on facebook and get to hotmail, but I can't play games on facebook and I can't open or respond to my e-mails,I keep getting this Media Player error when I log on my computer. [Anwsered],[Anwsered] System Hanging on shutdown and restart,Unable to get the Vlookup property of the WorksheetFunction class,Solution to Error: Error: "0x81000032 make sure the C: drive is online and set to NTFS" when trying to backup to external hard drive.
,Troubleshoot:External Hard Drive not listed in Windows 7 backup wizard Error
,I'm always being signed off so annoying Tech Support
,Solution to Problem: Impossible to use Internet Explorer! I keep getting the same error message every time i try to use IE.
,Solution to Problem: Referencing data in another file
,Troubleshoot:Error: "0x81000032 make sure the C: drive is online and set to NTFS" when trying to backup to external hard drive. Error,External Hard Drive not listed in Windows 7 backup wizard Tech Support,Tech Support: I'm always being signed off so annoying,Solution to Problem: Impossible to use Internet Explorer! I keep getting the same error message every time i try to use IE.,Referencing data in Access using Excel [Anwsered],Need Best Way To Present Data [Anwsered],Same question but for windows 7 home edition,sometimes fullscreen won't activate [Solved],Solution to Error: We bought a new computer with windows 7 and it is constantly freezing. How do we fix this?,Solution to Error: Windows 8 update crash (2013-07-22),application not found error,any problems in a team where one has Windows XP and the other has Windows 7?,Application/Object-Defined Error,An Excel formula question where hours are totalled and cumulating,Anyone know the hardware email?