Applications flash but will not load.
Several of my applications will not start (including Chrome, Crashplan, and Netgear SMARTWizard).
Instead, the intro window quickly flashes on the screen and then disappears.
Other programs (including Internet Explorer, Safari, and Picasa) will start
without any problems.
I cannot successfully run a system restore (even in safe mode) but the most recent critical update (around 11/4/2011) involves a Microsoft Visual C++ addition and deletion.
Could that be the source of my problems? I've been trying
to solve this for DAYS so any help is truly appreciated!
As a side note, and in all fairness, I should say that I began a couple days ago troubleshooting a wireless Internet connection, but discovered that my firewire was disabled and I could not enable it, despite trying everything mentioned on this forum.
I tried to connect via LAN but could not automatically detect proxy settings, and again could not remedy this problem either.
Therefore, my problem may be larger than the one mentioned in the first paragraph, but I figure I have to start somewhere :)
Anwsers to the Problem Applications flash but will not load.
Do any programs open? Does Notepad open?
Try a system restore.
If you have a restore point far enough back before your wireless problem, use that or else restore to a point before the application problem started if you can:
It looks like the troubleshooter was hinting at a clean startup to see if another program was interfering - I would recommend trying the full clean startup process and disabling all other programs to verify:
To check for Windows updates
- Open Windows Update by clicking the Start button Picture of the Start button, clicking All Programs, and then clicking Windows Update.
- In the left pane, click Check for updates, and then wait while Windows looks for the latest updates for your computer.
- If any updates are found, click Install updates. Administrator permission required If you are prompted for an administrator password or confirmation, type the password or provide confirmation.
Recommended Method to Repair the Problem: Applications flash but will not load.:
How to Fix Applications flash but will not load. with SmartPCFixer?
1. Click the button to download SmartPCFixer . Install it on your system. Run it, and it will scan your computer. The errors will be shown in the list.
2. After the scan is finished, you can see the errors and problems which need to be fixed.
3. The Repair part is finished, the speed of your computer will be much higher than before and the errors have been removed. You can also use other functions in this software. Like dll downloading, junk file cleaning and print spooler error repair.
Related: error message fsui.exe/ wlidcli.dll is missing
,Solution to Error: Excel: Automatic number generation
,Troubleshoot:i wanna change language of all windows in Windows 7 Home Premium
,Troubleshooting:IF Function, if the vendor ID in column A matches any of the vendor ID's in column F, I want 1099 to appear in column D. Error
,Fast Solution to Problem: ReadyBoost is not working properly in my computer
,Troubleshoot:Error: "0x81000032 make sure the C: drive is online and set to NTFS" when trying to backup to external hard drive. Error,External Hard Drive not listed in Windows 7 backup wizard Tech Support,Tech Support: I'm always being signed off so annoying,Solution to Problem: Impossible to use Internet Explorer! I keep getting the same error message every time i try to use IE.,Referencing data in Access using Excel [Anwsered],Need Best Way To Present Data [Anwsered],Same question but for windows 7 home edition,sometimes fullscreen won't activate [Solved],Solution to Error: We bought a new computer with windows 7 and it is constantly freezing. How do we fix this?,Solution to Error: Windows 8 update crash (2013-07-22),brclr.dll.mu_ Missing Error Fixer,How To Resolve Missing fin_myagtui.eng Problem,Corrupted f_0006ad File - How to Fix,nkebigvg.cpl Not Found Error Fixer,Corrupted olcontrols.ocx File - How to Fix,After Windows Update CD/DVD drive does not work,After installing windows 7 to laptop the labels print out of line how can I fix it,After my computer sleeps the wireless always disconnects and will no reconnect,After signing into Pogo.com, I get a message" This tab has been recovered"....what does this mean and how do I fix it.....,All desktop icons changed to windows live and does not open