Action Center - How to remove Obsolete message
I ran a backup for which a 2 line error log was created.
The Action Center created a message called "Check your backup results".
No matter how I check the backup log, the message will not go away.
Can anyone help? Perhaps it is in the registry somewhere?
Keys to the Problem Action Center - How to remove Obsolete message
Do you see a message in Action Center to turn off the message for Windows backup? If so, clicking on it should turn off the message.
If there’s no such message, try turning off the message specific to Windows backup from Action Center settings.
1. Open Action center by navigating to Start\Control Panel\All Control Panel Items\Action Center.
2. Click on Change Action Control settings link on the left panel of the window.
3. Uncheck the Windows backup checkbox under Maintenance messages.
4. Click on OK
5. Close the window and restart the computer.
6. See if this removes the message.
7. To turn it back on, click on the same checkbox from step 3.
This should remove the obsolete backup message.
For additional information on Action Center, see:
What is Action Center?
If your operating system supports Group Policy editor, try disabling balloon notifications and enabling it back.
To do that:
1. Go to start and type gpedit.msc
2. In the left pane, click on the arrow to expand User Configuration, Administrative Templates, and then click on Start Menu and Taskbar.
3. In the right pane, right click on Turn off all balloon notifications and click on Edit.
4. To turn off notification, select (dot) Enabled.
5. Close the Local Group Policy Editor.
Restart your computer.
The message should go away.
Follow the same steps from 1 to 3 from Method 2.
To turn on notification, select disabled.
Shinmila H - Microsoft Support
Microsoft Answers Feedback Forum and let us know what you think.
System Update Readiness Command: To Fix Action Center - How to remove Obsolete message
On running the System Update readiness Command, it will Detect & Replace Incorrect Registry data with the Correct one. Which may ultimately Solve Action Center - How to remove Obsolete message in Windows.
- Open CMD as Administrator by Simply Right Clicking on Start button > Command Prompt (Admin).
- Now Type or Copy paste "DISM.exe /Online /Cleanup-image /Scanhealth" and hit Enter,
- Now again Type or Copy paste this "DISM.exe /Online /Cleanup-image /Restorehealth" and hit Enter.
- Close the Command Prompt Window because we are done.
Reboot your Windows & see if error Action Center - How to remove Obsolete message still comes up.
Note: Your administrator's password might be needed.
Another Safe way to Fix the Problem: Action Center - How to remove Obsolete message:
How to Fix Action Center - How to remove Obsolete message with SmartPCFixer?
1. Click the button to download Error Fixer . Install it on your system. Open it, and it will perform a scan for your system. The errors will be shown in the list.
2. After the scan is finished, you can see the errors and problems need to be repaired. Click Fix All.
3. The Repair part is finished, the speed of your computer will be much higher than before and the errors have been removed. You can also use other functions in SmartPCFixer. Like dll downloading, windows updating and print spooler error repair.
Related: [Solved] Applications have stopped working with SP1 on Windows 7!,[Solved] I can't find auto complete text in word 2007,[Solution] I need to keep reinstalling eHome Infrared Transceiver driver everytime my computer shuts down.,How to Resolve - system restore not working windows 7?,Unable to open embedded word file on the intranet. [Solved],Solution to Error: Error: "0x81000032 make sure the C: drive is online and set to NTFS" when trying to backup to external hard drive.
,Troubleshoot:External Hard Drive not listed in Windows 7 backup wizard Error
,I'm always being signed off so annoying Tech Support
,Solution to Problem: Impossible to use Internet Explorer! I keep getting the same error message every time i try to use IE.
,Solution to Problem: Referencing data in another file
,[Anwsered] Thinkpad 8611 Boot,How to Resolve - Svchost Helper?,Fast Solution to Problem: L30 101 Driver Windows 7,Troubleshooter of Error: Io Device,How to Fix Error - Dell Laptop Code 39?
Read More: Solution to Error: Add and remove programs won't respond,How to Fix Problem - Acer aspire 5742z 5 minute running time before crash?,Troubleshoot:9 updates will not install code 646 unknown Error,[Solution] a client can't preview certain excel file,but can preview other excel files.,Acrobat Reader version 9.2 opens PDF file but garbled,Cannot delete empty file icon on desktop...,Cannot download flashplayer,can't get the CIA review progrom install which is an older version,Cannot access one website-DNS server not responding.,Can't Receive or Send Vista Windows Mail - Router stopped recognizing DSL connection & wants to dial up