2 laptops - 1 won't connect to wireless...please help!
I have two toshiba laptops.
The Windows 7 laptop connects fine to the wireless and internet, but the Vista laptop will connect to the wireless, but cites "limited connectivity" and cannot connect to the internet.
The network connections suggest the router
isn't connected to the internet, but that can't be the case because it is working fine on my other laptop.
I've tried all the switches on the laptop to switch wifi on and off, and it is still not working....could anyone please help? It would be hugely appreciated!
Keys to the Problem 2 laptops - 1 won't connect to wireless...please help!
1) What is the operating system that you use on the computer?
2) Who is your Internet Service Provider?
3) Have you made any changes on the computer?
4) What is the make and model no.
of the Laptop?
Method 1: You may refer the link mentioned below:
Wired and wireless network connection problems in Windows
Method 2: You may refer the link mentioned below:
Why can’t I connect to a network?
Hope this helps!
Manually editing the Windows registry
Caution: Unless you an advanced PC user, please do not edit the Windows registry manually.
Because of this risk, we highly recommend using a trusted registry cleaner such as SmartPCFixer Using a registry cleaner automates the process of finding invalid registry entries, missing file references (like the one causing your MACHINE_CHECK_EXCEPTION error), and broken links within the registry. A backup is automatically created before each scan, with the ability to undo any changes in a single click, protecting you against the possibility of PC damage. The best part is that repairing registry errors can also dramatically improve system speed and performance.
- Click the Start button.
- Type "command" in the search box... DO NOT hit ENTER yet!
- While holding CTRL-Shift on your keyboard, hit ENTER.
- You will be prompted with a permission dialog box.
- Click Yes.
- A black box will open with a blinking cursor.
- Type "regedit" and hit ENTER.
- In the Registry Editor, select the Error 0x9C-related key (eg. Windows Operating System) you want to back up.
- From the File menu, choose Export.
- In the Save In list, select the folder where you want to save the Windows Operating System backup key.
- In the File Name box, type a name for your backup file, such as "Windows Operating System Backup".
- In the Export Range box, be sure that "Selected branch" is selected.
- Click Save.
- The file is then saved with a .reg file extension.
- You now have a backup of your MACHINE_CHECK_EXCEPTION-related registry entry.
The next steps in manually editing your registry will not be discussed in this article due to the high risk of damaging your system. If you would like to learn more about manual registry editing, please see the links below.
Another Safe way to Fix the Problem: 2 laptops - 1 won't connect to wireless...please help!:
How to Fix 2 laptops - 1 won't connect to wireless...please help! with SmartPCFixer?
1. Download SmartPCFixer . Install it on your computer. Click Scan, and it will perform a scan for your computer. The errors will be shown in the scan result.
2. After the scan is finished, you can see the errors and problems need to be repaired. Click Fix All.
3. The Repair part is done, the speed of your computer will be much higher than before and the errors have been removed. You can also use other functions in SmartPCFixer. Like dll downloading, windows updating and print spooler error repair.
Read More: Troubleshoot:2007 single-language proofing pack for Russian,How Can You Fix - 64-bit Windows 7 Ultimate very slow navigate?,1607 Unable to install InstallShield scripting routine [Anwsered],6.5 windows mobile emulator will not sync with win 7 professional [Solved],Tech Support: 64 bit system getting 32 bit updates,2 separate questions, command button and drop down menus, HELP!!!,2 lines to 1 line spacing,2003 to 2007 upgrade query on columns and data problem,64 bit open gl 1.1,5.24.13 - Using word and vista. Suddenly Word now copies and pastes html code instead of the web page content. help