Address bar in Explorer 8 missing.
When I enter explorer the address bar is missing and shows the desktop underneath.
When I close it and reopen explorer the addres bar is there.
I always have to close then reopen explorer 8 to get he address bar to show up.
I reinstalled it but have the
same problem.How do I fix this problem? Thanks for the help.
Keys to the Problem Address bar in Explorer 8 missing.
What antivirus/antispyware/security products do you have on machine? Include any you have EVER had on this
machine including those you uninstalled (they leave remnants behind which can cause strange issues).
If no joy something maybe blocking it.
Start - All Programs - Accessories - System Tools - IE with no Addons - does this work better?
IE - Tools - Internet Options - Advanced Tab - click Restore then click Reset - Apply / OK
IE - Tools - Internet Options - Security Tab - click reset all zones to default - Apply / OK
Close and restart IE and/or IE with no addons
IE - Tools - Manage Addons (for sure disable SSV2 if it is there, this is no longer needed but Java still installs it
and it causes issues - you ever update Java go back in and disable it again.) Look for other possible problems.
Windows Defender - Tools - Software Explorer - look for issues with programs that do not look right.
are usually OK and "not permitted" are not always bad.
If in doubt about a program ask about it here.
Could be a BHO - BHOremover - Free - standalone program, needs no install, download and run - not all
are bad however some can cause your issue (Toolbars are BHO's).
Also get Malwarebytes - free - use as scanner only.
Try these to clear corruption and repair/replace damaged/missing system files.
Run DiskCleanup - Start - All Programs - Accessories - System Tools - Disk Cleanup
Start - type in Search box - COMMAND find at top of list - RIGHT CLICK - RUN AS ADMIN
How to analyze the log file entries that the Microsoft Windows Resource Checker (SFC.exe) program
generates in Windows Vista cbs.log
Then run checkdisk - schedule it to run at next start and then Apply OK your way out then restart.
How to Run Check Disk at Startup in Vista
Hope this helps.
Rob - Bicycle - Mark Twain said it right.
Manually editing the Windows registry
Manually editing the Windows registry to remove invalid MACHINE_CHECK_EXCEPTION keys is not recommended unless you are PC service professional. Incorrectly editing your registry can stop your PC from functioning and create irreversible damage to your operating system. In fact, one misplaced comma can prevent your PC from booting entirely!
Caution: Unless you an advanced PC user, we DO NOT recommend editing the Windows registry manually. Using Registry Editor incorrectly can cause serious problems that may require you to reinstall Windows. We do not guarantee that problems resulting from the incorrect use of Registry Editor can be solved. Use Registry Editor at your own risk.
To manually repair your Windows registry, first you need to create a backup by exporting a portion of the registry related to MACHINE_CHECK_EXCEPTION (eg. Windows Operating System):
- Click the Start button.
- Type "command" in the search box... DO NOT hit ENTER yet!
- While holding CTRL-Shift on your keyboard, hit ENTER.
- You will be prompted with a permission dialog box.
- Click Yes.
- A black box will open with a blinking cursor.
- Type "regedit" and hit ENTER.
- In the Registry Editor, select the Error 0x9C-related key (eg. Windows Operating System) you want to back up.
- From the File menu, choose Export.
- In the Save In list, select the folder where you want to save the Windows Operating System backup key.
- In the File Name box, type a name for your backup file, such as "Windows Operating System Backup".
- In the Export Range box, be sure that "Selected branch" is selected.
- Click Save.
- The file is then saved with a .reg file extension.
- You now have a backup of your MACHINE_CHECK_EXCEPTION-related registry entry.
Recommended Method to Repair the Problem: Address bar in Explorer 8 missing.:
How to Fix Address bar in Explorer 8 missing. with SmartPCFixer?
1. Click the button to download Error Fixer . Install it on your computer. Open it, and it will scan your computer. The errors will be shown in the scan result.
2. After the scan is done, you can see the errors and problems which need to be fixed.
3. The Fixing part is done, the speed of your computer will be much higher than before and the errors have been fixed.
,Troubleshoot:External Hard Drive not listed in Windows 7 backup wizard Error
,How to Fix Error - Getting an error "not connected to the internet" while trying to install Samsung Kies?
,How to Fix - Internet Explorer shuts down and reopens tab when attaching to email or uploading files.?
,Fast Solution to Problem: Sending Error Message
,[Anwsered] Thinkpad 8611 Boot,How to Resolve - Svchost Helper?,Fast Solution to Problem: L30 101 Driver Windows 7,Troubleshooter of Error: Io Device,How to Fix Error - Dell Laptop Code 39?
Read More: Fast Solution to Error: After Boot Desktop ICONS flash white then resume back to image????,Troubleshooter of Error: After factory restore AVG alerts Internet Access attempts.,How to Fix Problem - After downloading the new Internet Explorer 11, Web page & Outlook sign in & preferrences are not saved.?,Tech Support: Adding a trend line to a chart,Adding a new line by means of a macro,a file called mDNSResponse.exe. is causing bonjour not to operate properly,what should I do?,A QUESTION USING THE "IF'S" Formula.,A continuos flashing window with which title is C:Windows\System32\cmd.exe, and has the following message: The syntax of the command is incorrect.,Acrobat compatibility issue and you tube problems____,ActiveX on IE 9 not loaded