Aero disappears after reboot
Problem: I cannot get Aero on Windows 7 64bit to appear after reboot.
Hardware: ATI Radeon HD 4350.
For clean results, I created a new user with admin rights and logged as it.
Idea was to check if indeed "some programs" stop aero from working - doesn't hold.
It gets working, until the next reboot, if I change video drivers - during installation, screen flickers, and suddenly all Aero effects appear.
I've tried several combination of drivers:
Standard SVGA driver (no aero) -> replaced with Standard ATI driver: Aero appers, next reboot is gone.
Standard ATI driver -> Latest ATI driver with Catalyst Control Center - same effect.
Latest ATI driver with Catalyst Control Center -> Standard ATI driver - same effect
Standard ATI driver -> Standard SVGA driver (no aero at all, but not expected here anyway)
So doing this cycle (remove ATI/install ATI drivers) I'm able to switch the effects on, but not until the next reboot.
What else I tried, after searching:
Control Panel/Trobleshooting/Aero - shows no problems net start/stop uxsms, also restart theme manager - doesn't help Setting HKCU/Software/Microsoft/Windows/DWM keys Animations,Blur, and UseMachineCheck to 0 - doesn't help
dxdiag - shows no problem checked grafix card rating: 3.4
Machine is almost freshly installed, no overclocking, no memory or disk faults, run memchecker and chkdisk, no problems at all.
I find it utterly frustrating that there's no diagnostic messages of any kind, no error number, no way to put a finger on what's wrong.
I'd be willing to run some devel tools, if there are any to find out what's wrong, but can't find anything related.
Solutions to the Problem Aero disappears after reboot
Manually editing the Windows registry
Manually editing the Windows registry to remove invalid MACHINE_CHECK_EXCEPTION keys is not recommended unless you are PC service professional. Incorrectly editing your registry can stop your PC from functioning and create irreversible damage to your operating system. In fact, one misplaced comma can prevent your PC from booting entirely!
Caution: Unless you an advanced PC user, we DO NOT recommend editing the Windows registry manually. Using Registry Editor incorrectly can cause serious problems that may require you to reinstall Windows. We do not guarantee that problems resulting from the incorrect use of Registry Editor can be solved. Use Registry Editor at your own risk.
To manually repair your Windows registry, first you need to create a backup by exporting a portion of the registry related to MACHINE_CHECK_EXCEPTION (eg. Windows Operating System):
- Click the Start button.
- Type "command" in the search box... DO NOT hit ENTER yet!
- While holding CTRL-Shift on your keyboard, hit ENTER.
- You will be prompted with a permission dialog box.
- Click Yes.
- A black box will open with a blinking cursor.
- Type "regedit" and hit ENTER.
- In the Registry Editor, select the Error 0x9C-related key (eg. Windows Operating System) you want to back up.
- From the File menu, choose Export.
- In the Save In list, select the folder where you want to save the Windows Operating System backup key.
- In the File Name box, type a name for your backup file, such as "Windows Operating System Backup".
- In the Export Range box, be sure that "Selected branch" is selected.
- Click Save.
- The file is then saved with a .reg file extension.
- You now have a backup of your MACHINE_CHECK_EXCEPTION-related registry entry.
Another Safe way to Repair the Problem: Aero disappears after reboot:
How to Fix Aero disappears after reboot with SmartPCFixer?
1. Download Error Fixer. Install it on your computer.
2. After the scan is finished, you can see the errors and problems which need to be repaired.
3. The Repair part is finished, the speed of your computer will be much higher than before and the errors have been removed. You can also use other functions in this software. Like dll downloading, windows updating and print spooler error repair.
,Troubleshoot:External Hard Drive not listed in Windows 7 backup wizard Error
,How to Fix Error - Getting an error "not connected to the internet" while trying to install Samsung Kies?
,How to Fix - Internet Explorer shuts down and reopens tab when attaching to email or uploading files.?
,Fast Solution to Problem: Sending Error Message
,[Anwsered] Thinkpad 8611 Boot,How to Resolve - Svchost Helper?,Fast Solution to Problem: L30 101 Driver Windows 7,Troubleshooter of Error: Io Device,How to Fix Error - Dell Laptop Code 39?
Read More: How to Resolve - advanced system care will not run, says it's missing rtl120.bpl?,[Solved] Adobe Tech Says MSI Is Corrupted,Troubleshooting:Add-ons on IE10 do not show,How to Fix Problem - Add Skype to My MSN?,Troubleshooting:Add Picture to a Macro from a Link,a file called mDNSResponse.exe. is causing bonjour not to operate properly,what should I do?,A QUESTION USING THE "IF'S" Formula.,A continuos flashing window with which title is C:Windows\System32\cmd.exe, and has the following message: The syntax of the command is incorrect.,Acrobat compatibility issue and you tube problems____,ActiveX on IE 9 not loaded