Daily backup to external drive fails - I/O device error: 0x8078012D
After months of daily autobackup & system image of my laptop C drive to external hard disk, the backup operation suddenly fails: "I/O device error", "Error code: 0x8078012D" & suggests "run CHKDSK/ R" but does not specify which drive to run this on.
do you do run this & which drive C: or External?
Solutions to the Problem Daily backup to external drive fails - I/O device error: 0x8078012D
Perform the following troubleshooting methods:
Set the computer to clean boot and try to take a backup.
To set the computer in clean boot follow the steps from the below mentioned link:
How to perform a clean boot
Note: After checking in clean boot, follow step: 7 from the article to reset the computer to normal boot.
The error might have occurred if the services related to Windows backup might have been disable, you may try restarting the service, follow the steps below:
a. Click Start.
b. Type Services in the Start Search.
c. In the Services Windows search for Volume Shadow Copy in the list.
d. Right click on the Service.
e. Click on Properties.
f. Select the Startup Type to Manual.
g. Click OK.
h. Now repeat the same for Windows Backup service.
Still if you have any issues then I would suggest you to turn off your antivirus software and try to backup.
View the following link to turn off antivirus software.
Disable antivirus software
Also I would suggest you to run the chkdsk on C: drive as well the external drive.
View the following link to run chkdsk.
How to run cskdsk.
Note: There might be some data loss while running chkdsk command.
The corrupted files may be deleted from the disc.
To install drivers and other optional updates
- To install optional updates, you need to review and then select them from the list of updates that Windows finds for your computer. Optional updates are not installed automatically.
- Open Windows Update by clicking the Start button Picture of the Start button, clicking All Programs, and then clicking Windows Update.
- In the left pane, click Check for updates, and then wait while Windows looks for the latest updates for your computer.
- If any updates are found, click View available updates.
- Select the optional updates that you want, and then click Install. Administrator permission required If you are prompted for an administrator password or confirmation, type the password or provide confirmation.
Recommended Method to Fix the Problem: Daily backup to external drive fails - I/O device error: 0x8078012D:
How to Fix Daily backup to external drive fails - I/O device error: 0x8078012D with SmartPCFixer?
1. Click the button to download Error Fixer . Install it on your computer. Run it, and it will scan your system. The errors will be shown in the list.
2. After the scan is done, you can see the errors and problems need to be repaired. Click Fix All.
3. The Fixing part is done, the speed of your computer will be much higher than before and the errors have been fixed.
Related: How to Update & Download NVidia GeForce 6100/nForce 420 WHQL Certified driver v.178.13,How to Update & Download NVidia GeForce 7600 GS Video Driver v.295.75 Certified,How Can I Update & Download NVidia GeForce 820M Driver v.344.48 WHQL,[Solved] Download NVidia GeForce GTX 560M VGA Driver v.296.17 Certified,Way to Update & Herunterladen NVidia GeForce GT 130M Video Treiber v.295.75 Certified,How to Update & Download SONY SVE14A1X1RH Realtek Ethernet Driver,Where to Download SONY SVS13A2W9ES Bluetooth Driver (Intel) v.2.6 - 22.214.171.124059,Best Way to Update & Download SONY VGN-CR203E Conexant HDAUDIO SoftV92 Data Fax Modem with SmartCP Setup Program v.126.96.36.199 driver,Best Way to Download SONY VGN-FE790G/N Wireless LAN Driver v.10.6.0.29,Method to Update & Download SONY VGN-NR31Z/S Firmware Extension Parser Device v.188.8.131.52,How to Fix Error 0x0000c1f5 Solución?,Error 0x80071a91 Win7 Fix Patch,Error 0x800ccc60 Windows Live Mail [Solved],Error Message 0x800ccc79 Outlook 2000 Fix,What is Error 0xc1ab0001?,[Answered] x64 saplugin dll,How to Fix Problem - Kb943729 Download?,Troubleshooting: Bccode D1 Error,Java Runtime Tech Support,Troubleshooting: ERROR NO SUCH GROUP Error
Read More: How Can I Fix - Desktop shortcuts - Windows 8?,How Can You Fix - Deleting Adobe Acrobat 9 document from DVD?,Date won't show correct format [Solved],Custom dynamic link libraries are being loaded for every application. [Solved],Date and time are not appear on taskbar [Solved]