Dell PC running Windows 7 Home Edition freezes after being left idle
After about 10-15 minutes of being left idle, regardless of what programs are running, my PC locks up. Sometimes I get a message that "(application program __ ) is not responding". I try to exit this "jam" with Task Manager. Sometimes it will run and
sometimes it won't. But invariably it is unable to get me out of whatever program I am "stuck" in, and I have to power down and then restart the PC.
When I ran Microsoft Essentials to see if there was a virus, it could not complete the task - getting hung up on a file in my Windows\sysWOW64 folder called "DDORes.dll". When that happens my PC locks up the same way it does after being left idle. Again,
the only way to recover the PC is to power it down and then restart it. I tried running it in SAFE MODE - same results.
I tried a recommendation to run SFC /scannow. This failed with a message saying that SFC could not complete the operation (was 67% complete at the time, according to the program messages). I tried it again in SAFE MODE, getting the same results.
Does anyone have a clue what the problem is, and what can be done about it?
Anwsers to the Problem Dell PC running Windows 7 Home Edition freezes after being left idle
Windows Error Reporting - To Fix Dell PC running Windows 7 Home Edition freezes after being left idle
- Go to Start button.
- Open Control Panel.
- Go to Windows Error Reporting.
- Click on System and Maintenance, then click Problem Reports and Solutions.
- Next, click Change Settings located on the left side panel of the Problem Reports and Solutions window.
- Select an option to configure how you want Windows to look for a solution to your problems. You may allow Windows to do it automatically or ask you every time to check if problem occurs.
- Next, click the Advanced settings link.
- Select Off to turn off Error Reporting.
Another Safe way to Repair the Problem: Dell PC running Windows 7 Home Edition freezes after being left idle:
How to Fix Dell PC running Windows 7 Home Edition freezes after being left idle with SmartPCFixer?
1. Click the button to download Error Fixer . Install it on your system. Open it, and it will scan your system. The junk files will be shown in the scan result.
2. After the scan is finished, you can see the errors and problems need to be fixed. Click Fix All.
3. The Repair part is finished, the speed of your computer will be much higher than before and the errors have been removed. You can also use other functions in this software. Like dll downloading, windows updating and print spooler error repair.
Related: How to Update & Download NVidia GeForce 6100/nForce 420 WHQL Certified driver v.178.13,How to Update & Download NVidia GeForce 7600 GS Video Driver v.295.75 Certified,How Can I Update & Download NVidia GeForce 820M Driver v.344.48 WHQL,[Solved] Download NVidia GeForce GTX 560M VGA Driver v.296.17 Certified,Way to Update & Herunterladen NVidia GeForce GT 130M Video Treiber v.295.75 Certified,How to Update & Download SONY SVE14A1X1RH Realtek Ethernet Driver,Where to Download SONY SVS13A2W9ES Bluetooth Driver (Intel) v.2.6 - 188.8.131.52059,Best Way to Update & Download SONY VGN-CR203E Conexant HDAUDIO SoftV92 Data Fax Modem with SmartCP Setup Program v.184.108.40.206 driver,Best Way to Download SONY VGN-FE790G/N Wireless LAN Driver v.10.6.0.29,Method to Update & Download SONY VGN-NR31Z/S Firmware Extension Parser Device v.220.127.116.11,How to Fix Error 0x0000c1f5 Solución?,Error 0x80071a91 Win7 Fix Patch,Error 0x800ccc60 Windows Live Mail [Solved],Error Message 0x800ccc79 Outlook 2000 Fix,What is Error 0xc1ab0001?,[Answered] x64 saplugin dll,How to Fix Problem - Kb943729 Download?,Troubleshooting: Bccode D1 Error,Java Runtime Tech Support,Troubleshooting: ERROR NO SUCH GROUP Error
Read More: How Can You Fix - Desktop gadget calendar?,Dell Inspiron Duo with Windows 8 OEM 32-Bit (Touch not working) [Anwsered],How Can You Fix - Cut first 5 characters in column?,Troubleshoot:data formatting in Excel 2007 Error,Tech Support: Desktop Refreshing\/Crashing every couple of seconds Windows 8.1.